Who should Apply?
We are looking for Solutions which:
- Have a clear concept & valid value proposition
- Have completed their initial market validation process
- Will benefit from hands-on support on their product development
- The solution would ideally include a hardware component (not a must)
- In case of an established business-it must be African-owned, majorly-Nigerian-owned business, currently or intending to operate in Nigeria
- Address one of Africa’s challenges and fall within one of our areas of focus
Areas of Focus
1. FOOD SECURITY (Agriculture and Food Technology) :
Solutions that increase productivity as well as address challenges around food processing and supply chain.
2. HEALTH/MEDICAL DEVICE:
Solutions which will increase the accessibility to proper advanced health care.
Solutions which increase access to proper education suited to the local content and learning environment, including AI in education, learning tools and more.
4. CIRCULAR ECONOMY :
Solutions that reduce or eliminate waste, from product design to its end of life. For example, utilizing waste by turning it into useful products.
5. CLEAN ENERGY:
Solutions that serve rural and/or peri-urban communities not adequately served by the national grid, addresses a real energy-access issue across any part of the value chain.
Solutions that improve manufacturing/small scale manufacturing capacity that will solve challenges in infrastructure and maintenance, including quality assurance.
If the idea you are passionate about does not fall into any of the above, but has a proven need/demand, please feel free to apply. We know that passionate entrepreneurs with surprising ideas may be the greatest.
- Applications and Initial screening process.
- Secondary screening process.
- Online pitching competition- Shortlisted candidates will pitch to our selection committee which includes investors, stakeholders and experts. Candidates will be assessed based on their value proposition, market needs, entrepreneurial and technical skills.
- Selected teams will enter our product development journey which includes:
- Online office hours and workshops with experts from Innov8 Hub and from our network aimed at validating/improving product market fit & value proposition , providing hands-on support on product development, from product design to production.
- Bootcamps at Innov8 Hub Abuja: depends on stage and readiness – participants will be invited to 1-2 product development bootcamps at Innov8 Hub, which is equipped with high-end technology, machinery and the expertise needed for prototyping and product development, from product design to fabrication.
- Depends on readiness- Access to potential partners for piloting/testing
- Showcase event – exhibition of prototypes/MVPs/products, pitching to investors and potential partners.
- For all in-person bootcamps- travel expenses are sponsored and accommodation and feeding provided.